• Maximum 8 teaching hours per week (Usually 24 teaching hours per month)
• Grades 7-11
• Classes of no more than 25 students
• Classes are co-planned and co-taught with a Chinese English teacher based on the English in Mind textbook.
• Office hours are required between 8:00am-4:00pm.
(8:00am-5:30pm, if club work is required)
• Tailoring lessons to students' needs and expanding curriculum beyond the textbook
• Giving midterm and final speaking exams
• Administrative tasks such as writing student feedback and recording scores
• Planning and participating in various school events throughout the semester including: English Week, Speech Competitions, Sports Day, Day Trips etc.
• Attending all scheduled meetings and trainings
• The option of teaching clubs based on topics of your choice
• 15000-18000 RMB monthly salary (before taxes)
• Housing provided
• 8000 RMB annual flight allowance to or from your home country
• Paid holidays for all Chinese federal holidays + 1 day Christmas holiday
• 1-year contract
• Sponsored Z visa, Resident Permission and Insurance
• Arrival assistance (Apartment search)
• Assistance in adapting to Chinese culture
• Career development opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree (Degree in Education preferred)
• TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
• Native English speaker who holds a passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK or the US.
• Minimum two years teaching experience.
• Chinese language skills helpful, but not required