Do you find the college application process daunting? Would you like to gain insight into what Chinese and expat college applicants can do to maximize their chances of getting into a top university? Conversely, would you like to help your child sharpen his her critical thinking skills (which are essential for maximizing success in college applications, not to mention life in general) and discover how following their passions can be the smartest strategy for success in school (and in life)? If so, I can help with that.
QR Code Link to This Post
I'm a Beijing-based Ivy League graduate with multiple graduate degrees, academic and professional experience in politics, finance, and literature, and a strong background in admissions consulting (previously worked with dozens of applicants at the undergraduate and graduate level). I currently work at a top Chinese internet company, but I occasionally still do admissions consulting part-time.
THINGS I DO
- Help parents and students understand and navigate the college admissions process (everything from school choice to essay writing to interview prep, etc.)
- Tutor critical thinking (believe me when I say that this is often the skill that college applicants most need to strengthen)
- Help students (and parents) understand how to translate their passions into sustainable high achievement
WHY ME AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE?
- High academic and professional achievement (received full scholarships at undergraduate and graduate level; currently work at top Chinese internet company)
- Strong understanding of what students need to do in order to maximize their chances of gaining entrance into top schools: I've helped Chinese and American applicants successfully apply to Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Berkeley, Williams, Bryn Mawr, Washington University in St. Louis, Emory, Vanderbilt, UNC-Chapel Hill, and numerous other schools at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Based in Beijing
- Speak and read Mandarin
- Strong professional and creative writing abilities
- I only work with a handful of students at a time, and I don't farm any of my work out to consultants/assitants
- I genuinely love the process of helping hardworking applicants put their best foot forward and achieve their highest potential
HOW TO CONTACT ME
- Send me an email via the Craigslist link. I can meet in person or over Skype.
I'm committed to upholding the highest ethical standards throughout all components of the application process.